Our Ultra-Light parachute silk hammocks are made of 100% nylon. This high-performance material is extremely durable, stable and breathable at the same time. In addition, almost all AMAZONAS Ultra-Light hammocks are woven using the Ripstop technique, which makes them particularly tear-resistant.
Most AMAZONAS Ultra-Light hammocks are classified in two product series. The difference between the two series lies in the thickness of the woven fibres.
In essence, the ADVENTURE series is particularly light and compact, while the TRAVELLER series is a little heavier and more robust, but still ultra-light and more competitively priced.
Here you can find out which series best suits your type of hammock overnight camping experience.
AMAZONAS ADVENTURE vs. AMAZONAS TRAVELLER hammocks compared
AMAZONAS ADVENTURE hammocks:
Adventure Hammock, Adventure Hammock XXL, Adventure Moskito Hammock Thermo, Adventure Hero XXL
• Material: 20D Ripstop Nylon (ultra-light revolution)
• Weight: from 180 g
(with comparable models, ca. 1/3 lighter than the TRAVELLER hammocks)
• Pack size: hardly bigger than a 0.3 litre water bottle
• Load capacity: max. 150 kg
• Multicoloured; for Moskito hammocks, green / brown
• Extremely compact and light: like our Adventure Hammock for example – the lightest king size hammock in the world (180 g)
• Sensitive to flying sparks and perforation by branches and sharp objects
• Higher price
Most suitable for:
People travelling light. For one-off overnight stays, bicycle tours, canoe tours, trips where weight plays an important role.
AMAZONAS TRAVELLER hammocks:
Moskito-Traveller Thermo, Moskito-Traveller Thermo XXL, Moskito-Traveller forest, Moskito-Traveller, Moskito-Traveller Pro, Moksito-Traveller Extreme
• Material: 210D Ripstop Nylon (ultra-light)
• Weight: from ca. 450 g
(with comparable models, ca. 1/3 heavier than the ADVENTURE hammocks)
• Pack size: hardly bigger than a 0.5 litre water bottle.
• Load capacity: max. 200 kg (150 kg in the case of Moskito-Traveller and Moskito-Traveller Pro)
• Multicoloured: Moskito hammocks – beige / grey
• Robust, in view of the slightly more densely woven, heavier fabric
• Extremely stable
• Less sensitive to flying sparks and perforation by branches and sharp objects
• Lower price
Overnight stays lasting several days, bivouacking in winter, hammock camping with a campfire, trips where weight is not an issue.
Find out here about the differences between ADVENTURE and TRAVELLER tarps.